The whiskey sour is a classic cocktail that has been around for centuries. It’s a simple yet delicious drink that is perfect for any occasion. It’s a great way to start a night out with friends or to have a relaxing evening at home.
The whiskey sour is made with whiskey, lemon juice, sugar and a dash of angostura bitters. You can use any type of whiskey you like, but a good quality whiskey will make the cocktail even better. For the lemon juice, freshly squeezed is the best option, but you can also use store-bought juice. The sugar can be either simple syrup or regular granulated sugar.
The whiskey sour is traditionally served in an old-fashioned glass over ice. You can also use a Collins glass if desired. The best type of ice to use is cubed, as it helps to keep the drink cold without diluting it too much. As for garnishes, an orange wheel or a maraschino cherry are great options.
To make a whiskey sour, you’ll need:
- 2 ounces whiskey
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup or regular granulated sugar
- Dash of angostura bitters
- Fill an old-fashioned glass with cubed ice.
- Pour the whiskey, lemon juice, simple syrup or sugar, and bitters into a shaker with ice.
- Shake for about 15 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into the glass with ice.
- Garnish with an orange wheel or a maraschino cherry.
There you have it – a classic whiskey sour! This easy-to-make cocktail is sure to be a hit with your friends and family. Enjoy!
Need a quick bite before you head out for the night. Try out this twist on a classic grilled cheese.