Taco night is a time-honored tradition in many households, and what better way to spice it up than with a delicious smoked flank steak? This simple recipe for smoked flank steak tacos is bursting with flavor and requires minimal preparation, making it perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
To start, you’ll need a flank steak, some basic spices, and a smoker. The spices you’ll need are: garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, and salt. If you like your tacos extra spicy, feel free to add a little cayenne pepper.
Once you have all your ingredients, the next step is to prepare the flank steak. Start by rubbing the steak with a generous amount of the spice mix, making sure to cover all sides. Once the steak is well-covered, place it in the smoker.
When it comes to smoking the steak, you’ll want to smoke it low and slow. Aim for a temperature of 225-250°F and cook the steak for about 1.5 hours, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 140°F. Once the steak is done, let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
Now it’s time to assemble your tacos! Start by heating up some tortillas. Then, add the sliced steak, your favorite taco toppings, and a dollop of sour cream. The result is a delicious, smoky taco that is sure to please the whole family.
Smoked Flank Steak Tacos Recipe
- 1 flank steak -Garlic powder -Onion powder -Chili powder -Cumin -Paprika -Oregano -Salt -Cayenne pepper (optional) -Tortillas -Toppings of your choice -Sour cream
- Rub the flank steak with a generous amount of the spice mix, making sure to cover all sides.
- Place the steak in the smoker and cook at 225-250°F for 1.5 hours, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 140°F.
- Let the steak rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing into thin strips.
- Heat up some tortillas and add the steak, desired toppings, and a dollop of sour cream.
Need a great cocktail to accompany your tacos? Try a twist on a classic and give a mezcal margarita a shot. Check out our mezcal margarita recipe.