Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a traditional Jamaican dish that has become popular around the world. It is a spicy, flavorful dish that is made with a combination of spices, herbs, and scotch bonnet peppers. The dish is believed to have originated in the 1600s, when African slaves brought their own seasoning and cooking methods to Jamaica. The slaves used a combination of spices, herbs, and peppers to create the flavorful jerk seasoning that is now used to make Jamaican Jerk Chicken.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a popular dish for both casual and formal dining, and is often served as a main course or in sandwiches. If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to make this classic dish at home, try out this Jamaican Jerk Chicken Sandwich recipe.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Ingredients:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of Jamaican jerk seasoning
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ cup of shredded lettuce
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Baking sheet
- Medium bowl
- Large skillet
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts in a medium bowl and season with the jerk seasoning, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Mix well to ensure that the chicken is evenly coated.
- Place the chicken on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. While baking the oven is super easy, you can also cook the chicken in a pan or use the grill to get extra char.
- While the chicken is baking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is soft.
- Toast the hamburger buns in the skillet for 1-2 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Assemble the sandwiches by spreading the mayonnaise on the buns. Top each bun with a chicken breast, onion, tomato, and lettuce.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Sliced avocado
- Sliced jalapenos
- Pickled red onions
- Fresh herbs (cilantro or parsley)
- Hot sauce
We hope you enjoy this Jamaican Jerk Chicken Sandwich as much as we do. Any things you changed to the recipe? Let us know in the comments.
How about some other great sandwich recipes? Find other easy sandwiches to make for a great lunch.