Tortilla soup is a favorite of so many, and for good reason. It’s hearty and full of flavor, and the best part is that it’s so easy to make. Whether you’re looking for a quick weeknight meal or a flavorful soup to serve to guests, this recipe for chicken tortilla soup is sure to hit the spot.
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
– 2 large chicken breasts, cut into cubes
– 4 cups of chicken broth
– 2 cups of cooked black beans
– 2 cups of diced tomatoes
– 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
– 1 cup of frozen corn
– 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped cilantro
– 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
– 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
– 4-6 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
– Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro, avocado, sour cream, and shredded cheese
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add in the cumin, chicken, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add the black beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, corn, cilantro, salt, pepper, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
5. Add the tortilla strips and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Serve the soup with the garnishes of your choice. Cook Time: 30 minutes
This chicken tortilla soup is a delicious and easy meal that comes together in just 30 minutes. The combination of spices and vegetables make this soup savory and flavorful, while the garnishes add an extra layer of texture and flavor. Also, consider creating this great Mezcal Margarita to accompany your meal. Enjoy!