The Cobb Salad is a classic American dish that has been around for nearly a century. It was created in 1937 by Robert Cobb, the owner of the Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant in Los Angeles, California. At the time, he was looking for a new dish to put on the menu. He threw together some random ingredients that he had on hand – bacon, lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, chicken, and hard-boiled eggs – and the Cobb Salad was born!
Since then, the Cobb Salad has become a popular dish served in restaurants and homes all over the world. It’s a great way to get some protein and vegetables in one dish and is surprisingly easy to make.
Here is a delicious recipe for making a great Cobb Salad with Turkey that serves six people:
Turkey Cobb Salad Ingredients:
• 2 cups cooked and diced turkey
• 2 heads of lettuce, chopped
• 1 cup diced tomatoes
• 1 cup diced turkey bacon
• 1 avocado, diced
• 2 hard boiled eggs, diced
• 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Large bowl
• Cutting board
• Wooden spoon
- Place the lettuce into the large bowl.
- Add the turkey, tomatoes, turkey bacon, avocado, and eggs to the bowl.
- Sprinkle the blue cheese crumbles over the top.
- Drizzle the olive oil and red wine vinegar over the salad
- Toss the salad lightly until all of the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.
To make this Cobb Salad zesty, you can add some freshly squeezed lemon juice or a small amount of hot sauce to the dressing. You can also top the salad with some crispy croutons or crunchy nuts for a bit of texture.
• 1/4 cup croutons
• 2 tablespoons chopped nuts
• Fresh parsley
This Cobb Salad with Turkey is a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables and protein in one dish. It’s also a great way to use up any leftovers you have in the fridge. Enjoy!
How about pairing it with a soup for dinner? We think you’ll love this bell pepper soup recipe.