Sriracha is a popular hot sauce made from chili peppers, garlic, sugar, and vinegar. It was created in the early 1980s by a woman named David Tran, a Chinese immigrant who was living in Los Angeles. Tran was seeking to create a hot sauce that would be both flavorful and spicy, which he achieved with his unique blend of ingredients.
Since then, sriracha has become a beloved condiment, used on everything from pizza to burgers. Its unique flavor has made it a staple in many households and restaurants around the world.
Now, you can make your own Sriracha Fried Chicken sandwich at home! This is a great way to enjoy a delicious and spicy meal without the hassle of heading out to a restaurant. Here’s what you’ll need:
Sriracha Fried Chicken Sandwich Ingredients:
-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-1/2 cup of sriracha
-1/4 cup of olive oil
-1/4 cup of soy sauce
-1/4 cup of honey
-1 teaspoon of garlic powder
-1 teaspoon of onion powder
-1 teaspoon of paprika
-1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
-2 tablespoons of butter
-4 hamburger buns
-Lettuce and tomato for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sriracha, olive oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper until combined.
- Place the chicken breasts in the bowl and coat in the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and let it melt.
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and let rest for a few minutes.
- Toast the hamburger buns in the same skillet.
- To assemble the sandwich, place one chicken breast on the bottom bun. Top with lettuce, tomato, and the top bun. Serve and enjoy!
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Enjoy your delicious and spicy Sriracha Fried Chicken sandwich!
Looking for other great sandwiches to make? Check out our delicious sandwich recipes.