The history of Agua Fresca dates back centuries to the Aztecs and Mayans of Central America. Most notably, the Aztecs used agua fresca to help cool down in the hot summer months. They would mix water with fruits, herbs, and flowers to create refreshing and flavorful beverages.
Today, agua fresca is a popular Mexican drink that is enjoyed around the world. It is made from a variety of fruits, such as watermelon, mango, pineapple, papaya, and more. It can be served over ice, blended with ice, or simply served chilled.
If you’re looking for a unique and delicious way to cool down this summer, why not try a spiked Watermelon Agua Fresca? This refreshing and flavorful drink is perfect for hot days and can be made with a variety of spirits, such as vodka, tequila, rum, and gin.
To make a spiked Watermelon Agua Fresca at home, you’ll need:
• 2 cups of frozen watermelon chunks
• 2 cups of cold water
• 2 tablespoons of agave syrup
• 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
• 2 ounces of tequila
• Garnishes (such as mint leaves, lemon or lime slices, etc.)
To make the Agua Fresca:
- Place the watermelon chunks, cold water, agave syrup, and lime juice in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a glass, then top it with the tequila.
- Add ice, if desired, and stir to combine.
- Garnish with mint leaves, lemon or lime slices, or other garnishes of your choice.
A spiked Watermelon Agua Fresca is a great way to cool off on hot summer days! You can easily substitute the tequila for other spirits, such as vodka, rum, or gin. And you can also change up the garnishes, such as adding berries or melon slices. Just be sure to use the freshest ingredients, such as freshly squeezed lime juice and frozen watermelon chunks, to get the best flavor.
How about some other fancy drinks to try out the next time you have guests? You can’t go wrong with these tasty mango margaritas!