The Peachy Keen is a classic cocktail that has been around for decades. It is a simple and refreshing drink, perfect for any occasion. The drink is made with vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice, and lemon juice, and is often garnished with a slice of peach or a maraschino cherry.
The origins of the Peachy Keen are unknown, but its popularity has been on the rise in recent years. It has been featured in several movies, television shows, and books, and is a favorite of many bartenders and mixologists. The drink is also popular in many bars and restaurants across the country.
To make a Peachy Keen at home, you’ll need:
-1 ounce vodka
-1 ounce peach schnapps
-2 ounces orange juice
-1/2 ounce lemon juice
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
- Add the vodka and peach schnapps.
- Add orange juice and lemon juice.
- Shake vigorously to combine.
- Use strainer to block the ice and pour into a martini glass or short cocktail glass
- Garnish with a slice of peach, maraschino cherry or a sprig of lemon thyme (or other herb you have on hand)
The Peachy Keen can be made with any type of vodka, but vodka flavored with fruit or citrus is preferred. For an extra special touch, you can muddle a peach slice in the glass before adding the ingredients. If you are looking to cut back on the alcohol, the Peachy Keen can be made with peach juice or peach nectar instead of the schnapps.
No matter what type of vodka you choose, the Peachy Keen is sure to be a crowd pleaser. It is easy to make and the perfect way to enjoy a summer day. Give it a try today!
Need other vodka drink ideas? Find another lovely recipe to try.