Queso, also known as melted cheese dip, has been around since the early 20th century. It is believed to have originated in Mexico and has been popular as an appetizer ever since. The dish has been served in various forms, including with chips, on tacos, and even as a sauce for entrees. Queso has been so popular that it has transcended the boundaries of Mexican cuisine and is now served in restaurants all over the world.
Queso with Ground Beef Recipe
This recipe for queso with ground beef is sure to be a hit with your friends and family. Not only is it delicious, but it is also easy to make. The ingredients and cooking times listed below will yield a delicious queso dip that is sure to please any crowd.
-1 lb. ground beef
-1 package of taco seasoning mix
-1 can (15 oz.) of diced tomatoes
-1 can (10 oz.) of diced green chilies
-2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
-1/2 cup of milk
-1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
Kitchen Equipment Needed:
-Total cook time is about 20-25 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef until it is no longer pink.
- Add the taco seasoning mix and stir until combined.
- Add the diced tomatoes and green chilies and stir until combined.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the shredded cheese and stir until melted.
- Slowly add the milk and stir until combined.
- Simmer for an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Serve with chips, tacos, or as a sauce for entrees.
-Sliced black olives
Optional Spicy Variation:
If you’re looking to add some extra heat to your queso dip, try adding a few tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce to the mixture. You can also add some diced jalapenos for an extra kick.
If you want a refreshing bevvy to pair with you queso, try out this great twist on the classic margarita.