The Cherry Bounce Cocktail has been around since the 1700s, making it one of the oldest cocktails still popular in modern culture. The recipe for this drink has been passed down through generations and has changed over time. It consists of a mix of ingredients such as spirits, cherry juice, sugar and spices.
The original Cherry Bounce cocktail was made with brandy and sweet cherries that were macerated in a mixture of brandy, sugar and spices. The mixture was then aged for months, allowing the flavors to meld together and creating a unique flavor.
Today, the Cherry Bounce Cocktail is still a popular drink. It is usually made with either brandy or whiskey, depending on the preference of the drinker. Other spirits, such as rum, gin or vodka, can also be used.
To make the Cherry Bounce cocktail at home, here’s what you need:
- 2 ounces of your favorite spirit (brandy, whiskey, rum, gin, or vodka)
- 1 ounce of sweet cherry juice
- 1 ounce of simple syrup
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
- Rocks glass
- Add large cubes of ice
- Maraschino cherries
- Orange twist
- Fill your rocks glass with large cubes of ice.
- Pour in the spirit of your choice (brandy, whiskey, rum, gin, or vodka).
- Add the sweet cherry juice, simple syrup and Angostura bitters.
- Stir the ingredients together until combined.
- Sprinkle the freshly grated nutmeg on top of the drink.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry and an orange twist.
- Enjoy your Cherry Bounce!
The Cherry Bounce Cocktail is a delicious and refreshing drink that is sure to please. With its mix of spirits, cherry juice, sugar and spices, it has a unique flavor that is sure to tantalize the taste buds. Whether you choose to use brandy, whiskey, rum, gin or vodka, the Cherry Bounce Cocktail will be sure to please. Enjoy!
How about a sweet piece of pie to go with your Cherry Bounce? Then you can’t go wrong with this great Key Lime Pie recipe.