The Bánh mì is a delicious Vietnamese sandwich that is loved by many around the world. Originating in Vietnam, this sandwich is a unique blend of French and Vietnamese flavors that have been combined to create a unique and wonderful dish.
The history of the Bánh mì dates back to the time of French colonization in Vietnam. During this period, French settlers brought baguettes and pâté to the country. Vietnamese cooks then added their own flavors to the mix, such as pickled vegetables and herbs. Over time, this combination of French and Vietnamese ingredients formed the basis of the Bánh mì.
Today, the Bánh mì is a popular street food throughout Vietnam, and is also served in many restaurants worldwide. The classic version of the Bánh mì is made with a crispy baguette, mayonnaise, pork pâté, pickled vegetables, cucumbers, cilantro, and chili peppers.
If you’d like to make a tasty Bánh mì at home, here’s what you’ll need:
-Pork pâté is traditional, but you can also use grilled pork or even grilled chicken
Sandwich Making Instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the baguette in half lengthwise. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on both halves.
- Spread meat on one half of the baguette.
- Top with pickled vegetables, cucumbers, cilantro, and chili peppers.
- Place the other half of the baguette on top and press down gently.
- Place the sandwich on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before slicing.
-Vietnamese fresh herbs
To add an extra kick of spice, you can also add some chili sauce or hot sauce to the sandwich.
And there you have it – a delicious, homemade Bánh mì! Enjoy!
Want other great sandwich recipes you can make in the comfort of your own kitchen? Check out our latest sandwich recipes, you’re sure to find something that you’ll like.