Smoking spatchcocked chicken on the smoker is a great way to make a delicious meal that the entire family will love. The unique flavor of smoked chicken will take your meal to the next level and create a truly unforgettable experience.
Smoking spatchcocked chicken is easy and straightforward. All you need is a whole chicken, some spices, and a smoker. The key to making perfect smoked chicken is to spatchcock the chicken before you start. Spatchcocking is when you remove the backbone of the chicken and flatten it out so it cooks evenly.
Once you’ve spatchcocked the chicken, it’s time to season it. For this recipe, you’ll need:
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat the smoker to 275°F.
- Rub the chicken with the olive oil and season with the spices.
- Place the chicken onto the smoker and cook for 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the smoker and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Smoking spatchcocked chicken on the smoker is an easy and flavorful way to make a delicious meal. The unique flavor of smoked chicken will take your meal to the next level and create a truly unforgettable experience. Give this recipe a try and enjoy!
Now that you have a great meal planned, the question is, what should you pair it with? Our suggestion is a Pliny The Elder. Learn why we love Pliny.