Fried chicken is a classic American dish that has been enjoyed for generations. But if you’re looking for a new twist on the classic, try making fried chicken with panko. Panko is a type of breadcrumb made from bread without crusts that gives your fried chicken a crunchy and delicious texture.
For this recipe, you will need:
- 2-3 pounds of boneless chicken breasts -2 eggs -1 cup of panko breadcrumbs -1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper -1 teaspoon of garlic powder -1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper -1/2 teaspoon of onion powder -1/2 teaspoon of paprika -1/2 cup of all-purpose flour -Salt to taste -Oil for frying
- Start by cutting the chicken breasts into strips and patting them dry with a paper towel.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the panko breadcrumbs, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, ground black pepper, onion powder, paprika, and salt.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl as well.
- Dip the chicken strips in the egg mixture, and then coat them in the flour.
- Dip the coated chicken strips in the egg mixture again, and then coat them with the panko breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Carefully add the chicken strips to the hot oil and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken strips from the skillet and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any extra grease.
Your delicious fried chicken with panko is ready to be enjoyed! Serve it with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes, coleslaw, or corn on the cob for a complete meal. Enjoy!