The Roasted Bell Pepper Soup is an easy to make and delicious soup that has been enjoyed by many for centuries. The origin of this soup is unknown, but it is believed to have originated in Mediterranean countries. This soup is made by roasting bell peppers over an open flame or in an oven, then blending them together with other ingredients to create a thick and flavorful soup.
The unique flavor of the roasted bell peppers makes this soup stand out. The smokiness and sweetness of the peppers, combined with the aromatics of onions and garlic, creates a truly delicious and comforting soup. This soup is a great option for a cold winter’s day and can be enjoyed as an appetizer, entrée, or even as a side dish.
Roasted Orange Bell Pepper Soup is a great way to enjoy this classic soup. The addition of orange bell peppers adds a vibrant color and a slightly sweet flavor to the soup. This recipe is easy to make and will yield about six servings.
Roasted Orange Bell Pepper Soup Ingredients:
- 6 orange bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- Shedded parmesan cheese for a topping
- Baking sheet
- Cutting board
- Large pot
- Blender or food processor
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the bell peppers in half and remove the seeds. Place the bell peppers on the prepared baking sheet, cut-side down.
- Roast the bell peppers for 15 minutes, or until the skin is blistered and lightly charred.
- Remove the bell peppers from the oven and let cool. Once cool enough to handle, peel off the charred skin.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the smoked paprika, vegetable broth, tomato paste, and red wine vinegar. Stir to combine.
- Add the roasted bell peppers to the pot and season with salt and pepper. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve the soup hot, topped with croutons, diced bell peppers, and a drizzle of olive oil.
To make this soup zesty, you can add a pinch of red pepper flakes or a few dashes of hot sauce. You can also add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice or a dollop of sour cream for a slightly tangy flavor.
This Roasted Orange Bell Pepper Soup is a delicious and easy to make soup that will make a great appetizer, entrée, or side dish. The combination of smoky, sweet roasted bell peppers combined with the aromatics of garlic and onion creates a truly flavorful and comforting soup. Enjoy!
Looking for an easy meal to make this weekend? Find a great dish recipe.