The Popsicle is an iconic summer treat that has been around for more than 100 years. It all started when 11-year-old Frank Epperson accidentally left a glass of soda and a mixing stick outside on a cold winter night in San Francisco. When he woke up the next morning, he discovered that a frozen treat had formed on the stick, which he called the “Epsicle”.
From there, it wasn’t long before the Popsicle (as it was eventually re-named) began to become a popular treat. In 1923, Frank patented the invention, and by the 1930s, it had become a popular summer treat.
Today, the Popsicle is still a beloved summer treat and making your own homemade version is easier than ever. Here’s how to make a tasty Strawberry Popsicle:
• 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
• 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed strawberry juice
• 1/4 cup of sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• Mixing bowl
• Ice cube tray
• Popsicle sticks
• 15 minutes to prepare the mixture
• 4-6 hours to freeze
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and then pour it into an ice cube tray.
- Place the sticks into the ice cube tray and freeze for 4-6 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
• Fresh cut strawberries
• Mini chocolate chips
• Coconut flakes
If you want to make your Strawberry Popsicle even more flavorful, you can add in other fruits such as blueberries, raspberries, or bananas. The possibilities are endless!
Need a great easy to make dish for dinner tonight? Try out these tasty garlic noodles.