Minestrone soup is a classic Italian dish that has been around since the 16th century. It is one of the most popular soups in the world, and is made with a variety of vegetables and beans.
The history of the Minestrone soup dates back to the 16th century when it was first created by the Italians. It was created as a way to use up leftover vegetables and beans and was usually served with grilled bread. Over time, the recipe for the soup has evolved, and today it is a hearty and flavorful meal that is enjoyed all over the world.
Making a Minestrone soup is an easy and delicious way to enjoy a classic Italian dish. Here is a recipe for a traditional Minestrone soup:
Minestrone Soup Ingredients:
-1 tablespoon of olive oil
-2 cloves of garlic, minced
-2 carrots, diced
-1 onion, diced
-1 stalk of celery, diced
-2 potatoes, diced
-1 can of diced tomatoes
-3 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
-1/2 cup of green beans
-1/2 cup of kidney beans
-1/2 cup of corn
-1/2 cup of frozen peas
-1 teaspoon of oregano
-1 teaspoon of basil
-Salt and pepper to taste
Kitchen Equipment Needed:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, carrots, onion, and celery to the pot and cook until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the potatoes, tomatoes, broth, beans, corn, and peas to the pot.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the oregano, basil, salt, and pepper to the soup and stir to combine.
- Simmer the soup for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve the soup with a garnish of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Optional: To add some spice to the soup, you can add a pinch of cayenne pepper or a tablespoon of chili powder.
Making Minestrone Soup is an easy and delicious way to enjoy a classic Italian dish. With its hearty ingredients, it’s sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Enjoy!
How about an Italian app to start? Try out this great Bruschetta recipe.