Smoked Pulled Pork is a classic barbecue favorite that is surprisingly easy to prepare. With the right tools and ingredients, you can make this delicious dish in your own home and impress your family and friends.
The following recipe will yield a flavorful and tender pulled pork that can be enjoyed in sandwiches, tacos, and more.
- 5-7 lb pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat your smoker to 225°F.
- Place the pork shoulder in a large roasting pan and season all sides with the garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, cumin, coriander, pepper, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together the apple cider vinegar, light brown sugar, and olive oil. Pour the mixture over the pork shoulder, making sure to evenly coat all sides.
- Place the pork shoulder in the preheated smoker and smoke for 8-10 hours, or until the pork is tender and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 190°F.
- Remove the pork shoulder from the smoker and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Using two forks, pull the pork apart into small pieces. Serve warm and enjoy!
Need a great beverage to enjoy while your prepping the pork for smokey goodness? Give our Bloody Mary recipe a go.