Chicken salad is a classic dish that has been enjoyed by people around the world for centuries. It has been a staple food in Asian, Middle Eastern and European cultures since ancient times. The earliest recorded recipes for chicken salad date back to the late 1700s, but the dish is likely much older than that.
In the United States, chicken salad first became popular in the mid-1800s. It was a favorite dish of the upper classes, who served it at fancy dinner parties and other special occasions. The early versions of chicken salad often included a combination of cooked chicken, mayonnaise and vegetables. Over time, other ingredients were added, such as nuts, eggs, apples, celery and even grapes.
In the early 1900s, chicken salad began to be served in restaurants, delis and cafeterias across the United States. By this time, it had become an American classic. It was also served in the military, where it was a favorite of the troops.
Today, chicken salad is still a popular dish around the world. It is often served as a sandwich, wrap or salad, and is a staple of picnic lunches and potlucks. There are now many different variations of chicken salad, from the classic American version to Asian-inspired recipes.
Curry Chicken Salad Recipe Ingredients:
• 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
• 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup diced celery
• 1/4 cup diced red onion
• 1/4 cup golden raisins
• 1/4 cup slivered almonds
• 2 tablespoons curry powder
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• Cutting board
• Measuring cups
• Measuring spoons
Instructions For Putting The Chicken Salad Together:
- In a large bowl, combine the diced chicken, yogurt, mayonnaise, celery, onion, raisins, almonds, curry powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Stir until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Serve the curry chicken salad on a bed of greens or in a wrap or sandwich.
This great recipe will makes 4 servings.
Need other sandwich ideas? Try out one of these great sandwiches.