Nothing says Northwest like a delicious Marionberry Pie. This sweet, tart berry is a Northwest favorite, and for good reason. The Marionberry is a cross between the Chehalem and Olallieberry, and it has a unique flavor that many people enjoy. It has a sweet, tart taste that isn’t too overwhelming.
Marionberry Pie is a classic dessert that is perfect for special occasions and holiday dinners. It’s also great for a quick and easy dessert. The Marionberry’s flavor pairs well with other fruits, making it a great addition to any pie.
Making a Marionberry Pie is easy, and the results are worth the effort. Here’s what you’ll need:
Marionberry Pie Ingredients:
- 2 ½ cups of Marionberries
- ½ cup of white sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie crust
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the Marionberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix until everything is well blended.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Cover the pie with a top crust, or use a lattice crust. Crimp the edges and make sure that the crust is sealed.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Let the pie cool before serving.
This delicious Marionberry Pie is sure to be a hit at any gathering. It’s a classic Northwest favorite that will be sure to please everyone. We recommend throwing some vanilla ice cream on top for a creamy addition. Enjoy!
Need another great pie to make for an upcoming gathering? You can’t go wrong with this pecan pie recipe.