The history of bruschetta dates back to the 15th century, when Italian peasants would toast stale bread and top it with olive oil, garlic, and salt for a quick and easy snack. Over time, the recipe evolved to include tomatoes, herbs, and cheese, and it eventually became a popular Italian appetizer. Today, bruschetta is enjoyed around the world and is often served as a starter or a side dish.
If you’re looking to make an amazing bruschetta for your next get-together, this recipe is sure to wow your guests. To make bruschetta, you will need:
Key Bruschetta Ingredients:
- 1 baguette
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Cutting board
- Baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice baguette into 1/2-inch thick slices. Arrange on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt and pepper, and balsamic vinegar. Mix until evenly combined.
- Top the toasted baguette slices with the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly golden.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of fresh basil and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
For an optional way to add some spice, top the bruschetta with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes before broiling. Enjoy!
How about a great light beverage to go with your app? Make this fabulous Greyhound cocktail.