Meatloaf has been around for centuries, but its exact origin is unknown. It first appeared in English cookbooks in the late 18th century, and by the middle of the 19th century, it had become a popular dish in America.
The traditional meatloaf is made with ground beef and pork, herbs, spices, and a binder such as bread crumbs or egg. It is usually cooked in a loaf pan and served with a sauce or gravy.
Today, meatloaf is still a popular dish, and there are many variations. Here is a recipe for a modern meatloaf, which is perfect for a family meal.
Key Meatloaf Ingredients:
-1 lb ground beef
-1 lb ground pork
-1 cup bread crumbs
-1/4 cup chopped onion
-1/4 cup ketchup
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon dried oregano
-1 teaspoon dried basil
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon pepper
Kitchen Equipment Needed:
-Large mixing bowl
-Measuring cups and spoons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, ground pork, bread crumbs, egg, onion, ketchup, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Optional Garnishes and Toppings:
This modern meatloaf is a delicious and hearty dish that is sure to please the whole family. It is easy to make, and the optional garnishes and toppings make it even more flavorful. Serve it with mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, or a salad for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Looking for a great bevvy to go with dinner? Find great cocktail recipes.