Ready to up your game in the kitchen? Whether you’re a novice chef or a professional one, having the right tools in your kitchen arsenal is absolutely essential. Having the right tools will make your cooking experience more enjoyable and easier. Here are 7 must-have kitchen tools that you should consider adding to your kitchen as they’ve made our time cooking so much more fun.
Our 7 Must Have Kitchen Tools
- Chef’s Knife: A good knife is essential for any kitchen. It will make your cutting and chopping tasks so so much easier. A reliable knife brand is Wusthof, as they are made from high-quality German steel and are designed to last a lifetime. The average price for a Wusthof chef’s knife is about $150, but you can find more affordable options if you shop around.
- Cutting Board: A cutting board is another must-have kitchen tool. They will protect your countertops from scratches and keep your knives sharp. The absolute best brand for cutting boards in our opinion is John Boos, as their boards are made from solid hardwood and are designed to last a lifetime. A John Boos cutting board is will run you $50+ depending on the size and thickness of the board.
- Blender: A high-powered blender is essential for making smoothies, sauces, and other blended dishes. While it’s a bit of a splurge, Vitamix blenders are made with powerful motors and are designed to last. The average price for a Vitamix blender is around $400, but you may be able to find less expensive options by waiting for a sale or buying around Black Friday.
- Dutch Oven: A Dutch oven is an essential tool for making soups, stews, and other slow-cooked dishes. The best brand for Dutch ovens is Le Creuset, as their ovens are made from cast iron and are designed to last a lifetime. While these are quite pricey, they are truly going to last you a lifetime, so in our opinion, it’s worth the extra expense. A Le Creuset Dutch oven is going to set you back $400 or so.
- Food Processor: A food processor is essential for making salsa, pesto, and other chopped dishes. A great brand for food processors is Cuisinart, as their processors are made with powerful motors and are designed to last. The price ranges for a Cuisinart food processor ranges from about $40 up to $180. We’d recommend the mini unless you to use it daily or have a large family.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons: Measuring cups and spoons are essential for baking and other precise measurements. One good and affordable brand for measuring cups and spoons is Oxo, as their measuring tools are made from stainless steel and are designed to last. The typical price for an Oxo measuring cup and spoon set is about $30.
- Mixing Bowls: Mixing bowls are essential for mixing ingredients together. Pyrex has been around for ever and for good reason as their bowls are made from glass and are designed to last. A set of three different sized bowls will only run you about $20, so it’s a great affordable addition to your kitchen arsenal.
Having the right tools in your kitchen will make your cooking experience more enjoyable and easier. The 7 must-have kitchen tools listed above are essential for any kitchen and will make cooking a lot easier.
Need some recipe ideas to test with your new fancy tools? Find a great dish to make this week.